Welcome to the Graefenburg UMC blog! Here you can find thoughts, study God's Word, and discuss the issues and challenges of life. This is our online resource for community building and discipleship. Welcome!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Introductions

Hello!  Welcome to the Graefenburg UMC blog!  We are so glad that you are here.  Within this blog you will find posts from Matthew and Jennifer that will offer biblical insights, thoughts, and ways to build our Christian community.  Please feel free to comment, offer your insights, and share this blog with your friends.  We hope that you enjoy the information and discussions you find here.

A little about us...

I am Jennifer Kimmons and I am married to Matthew, who is the Pastor at Graefenburg UMC.  We have been married for two and a half (very happy) years.  We do not have children (yet) but we have a very spoiled rotten dog named Samson.  Matthew is working towards his Masters of Divinity from Asbury Theological Seminary while I'm working on my Masters of Education - Reading and Writing endorsement from Bellarmine University and I'm currently teaching elementary general music at a local elementary school in Shelby County.  

Matthew and I

Samson (it was his birthday!)

Matthew grew up in central Virginia (although he says he isn't a Hokie or Cavaliers fan).  I am a local girl, growing up on a farm outside of Bagdad, KY.  We both made the fortunate decision to attend Morehead State University where, of course, we met.  We dated five years before we married in June of 2008.  And well, you know the rest.

We are very excited and passionate about Graefenburg UMC.  Now feel free to introduce yourself! 

~Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. I received a message today from an old friend letting me know that there is now a blog for the church I grew up in. What exciting news!!! My name is Genie Sharp, I was raised within the Methodist Church since I was 5 years old. I love the church and my church family dearly and connect with most on a daily basis. It was very refreshing to know that now, being 840 miles away, that I can still worship with you! Thank you for offering this wonderful experience to me and my family!

    Love In Christ,

    Genie, Daniel, Dylan, Isabella, and Evaleigh Sharp

    ReplyDelete